What is The Journey Deepens Retreat
The heart of The Journey Deepens retreat is to see individuals deepen their relationship with our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ, and as a result, become engaged in missions as He instructs us in Matt 28:18-20.
The best words to describe The Journey Deepens Retreat experience are powerful and effective. Prayer is the covering. Jesus Christ and His Word is the focus. The Holy Spirit is the guide. The weekend consists of worship, large-group teaching sessions, small-group sessions, one-on-one appointments, mission agency interaction with prospective missionaries, and quiet time breakouts. Attendance is intentionally limited to create personal interaction between individuals, coaches and fellow sojourners with the Holy Spirit's guidance.
Some of the subjects that will be covered in the general sessions, small groups and one-on-one time with the missionaries are:
- I feel God calling me. What should I do next?
- Which of my gifts and interests could I use in another culture?
- How can I deal with school loans?
- What's involved in raising prayer and financial support?
- How do I discuss missions with my family and my church?
- If God leads me to stay and send others what would that involve?
FOR MORE INFORMATION: